“The economic downturn that started in March 2020 is predicted to cause a 6.6% drop in the HPI by May 2021, which would be the first decrease in annual home prices in over 9 years.”The forecast was surprising as it was strikingly different than any other projection by major analysts. Six of the other eight forecasts call for appreciation, and the two who project depreciation indicate it will be one percent or less. Here is a graph showing all of the projections:There’s a simple formula to determine the future price of any item: calculate the supply of that item in ratio to the demand for that item. In housing right now, demand far exceeds supply. Last week mortgage applications to buy a home were 33% higher than they were at the same time last year. The available inventory of homes for sale is 31% lower than it was last year. Normally, these numbers should call for homes to continue to appreciate.
Bottom LineBecause of the uncertainty with the pandemic, any economic prediction is extremely difficult. However, looking at the limited supply of homes for sale and the tremendous demand for housing, it is difficult to disagree with the majority of analysts who are calling for price appreciation.
If you have any questions about the buying or selling process, OUR TEAM CAN HELP! Call or text me today!!!! Read Our Client Reviews: CLICK HERE
- Seller Resources
- FREE Instant Access To Your Home Value: CLICK HERE
- FREE E-Book “Protecting Your Equity”: CLICK HERE (Learn the secrets to selling your home for MORE MONEY in LESS Time)
- Home Sale Concierge Program: CLICK HERE
- Buyer Resources
- Search For Homes: CLICK HERE
- FREE Home Buyer Webinar: CLICK HERE (Mistakes to Avoid When Buying a Home!)
- Ask about our credit repair program!