Home inspections are a part of the real estate transaction. Unfortunately, many homeowners don’t realize the items that may appear on a home inspection report. It is important to know that certain loan types (e.g. FHA, VA) require certain items to be fixed prior to a buyer’s loan being funded. A real estate professional can help prepare a homeowner for those uncertainties.
Here are 7 home inspection tips:
- Know that it is common for 25+ items to come up on a home inspection report
- Work with your real estate professional to help negotiate requested repair items
- Allow the inspector to do his/her job…don’t hound them
- Ensure utilities are on during the home inspection
- Declutter the home as much as possible
- Understand the impacts of DIY or prior remodeling projects
- Don’t try to conceal known issues (Note: This can cause legal problems in the future!)
If you have any questions about the home selling process, OUR TEAM CAN HELP! Call or text me today!!!!
Read Our Client Reviews: CLICK HERE
- Seller Resources